Kayak build at Delmarwa paddlers retreat

I was pretty anxious about travelling to the US this time.. My American friend Miguel suggested that I should shave off my beard to get through customs. And what about my Russian books that I was planning to carry in my luggage.... Would they make me look suspicious? Should I leave them behind?


I didn't shave and I brought my Russian books... and I got into the US without any difficulties - of course! I was met by Chris at Newark airport - one of the finest Americans you can imagine. We drowe down to Delaware yesterday and set up a workshop in Chris' driveway this morning. It looked like early Christmas at some point with yellow spruce sawdust carried by the wind all over the neighborhood :( Only that the temperature was around 30 degrees celcius!


I was kind of nervous about the foreign materials, but a day of handling, cutting and planing convinced me that this will make great kayaks for sure! More cutting to be done tomorrow..... And then we'll probably meet most of the class at camp arrowhead by tomorrow evening.


4 huge sacks of sawdust and wood shavings, a bunch of materians and two tired men having a beer...





Popular Posts