Paddling again

About time to get out paddling again? Well, the local waters are all frozen. I crossed my nearest lake the other day on skis.Temperatures are still below -10 at night, and during daytime they crawl up around zero :). However, The sun has been shining for a few days now, and I took the rare opportunity to paddle a bit in the near Vestfold archipelago. Put together a few living images:


Winter paddling from anders thygesen on Vimeo.

Here I paddle my newest ixyaq (baidarka) It is only 48 cm. wide and 5,5 meters long. It is still very stable and I don't feel the least uncomfortable, even in big breaking waves (which didn't happen this day). It's fast, no need to say that... and it weights only 14 kilo. I made it very light on purpose, so that it wouldn't stress my stressed out lower back when lifting it up and down and around..

New project on the move in the shop.... stay tuned :)!

Popular Posts